Paula Timm Artist

Monday, March 9, 2015

Old Man - Spring Fostermak.com​ Artist Show at Fort Calgary​

'Old Man' will attend this weekend's Spring Fostermak.com​ Artist Show at Fort Calgary​.

Old Man, along with many other pieces of mine, are being shown for their second time. Their first was my first show too; 2013 at Studio C.

I created this body of work during the healing phases of my surgery. I am very proud of the creativity in this work. Old Man was inspired by a tour through southern Alberta at the crest of summer. We ended up in Etzicom, because they had a national windmill museum and a curious collection museum. Its worth the drive.

I started this piece with the knowledge that there would be a painted wheat field, prairie blue sky, windmill and rolling hills. The rest of the imagery played out as I let my mind wander through my ephemeral bits of memories. There is paint, collage, image transfer, and texture to see and feel.

Hope you can make it. I will be in attendance on Saturday March 14th from 11-5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment