Paula Timm Artist

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mobile DIY

I have a thing for fabric and paper and the patterns that they come in. We have recently installed panel track from Ikea. I can now install mini exhibits in my home until we get to hanging the Ikea bamboo dividers from the track.

For now, you get to learn how to do a easy mobile. I had the sewing machine handy so for the first time I sewed paper!

 Supplies Needed:
  • scissors
  • paper or fabric - remnants will be perfect!
  • glue (optional for double sided goodness)
  • thread -in any old colour
  • sewing machine




Instructions:
  1. Cut out random shapes (hearts, spheres, birds, stars, whatevs) *glue paper/fabric together
  2. With dogfoot down, run thread a few inches through the sewing machine
  3. Insert first paper/fabric and sew
  4. Continue with dogfoot down, and add a few inches of thread
  5. Add a second piece and feed away until you have built a beautiful mobile!
  6. I started to get fancy once all pieces were sewn. I cut down the middle and slid over in a criss-cross fashion..making it three dimensional.


No comments:

Post a Comment